Free Mental Health Resource for Bishops
Mental Health Issues in your Ward?
Salt Lake Behavioral Health is here to help
Do you have a member turning to you for help with thoughts of suicide, addiction issues, and other severe mental health concerns? We answer your questions about whether to recommend someone seek professional help.
“Years ago while serving as a Bishop a family reached out in the middle of the night to get help for a parent having a mental health crisis. I had no idea what to do, who to call or where to send them for help. I wish I had known about Salt Lake Behavioral Health Hospital. I could have called them immediately or taken my ward member directly there and bypassed a long scary night and many hours in the ER.” KC
Salt Lake Behavioral Health Hospital is a safe, professional option for those experiencing suicidal thoughts and other severe symptoms of anxiety, depression, and other mental illnesses or addiction.
- Level of care recommendations from a team of registered nurses and therapists
- Multiple levels of care offered for adults and teens
- Staff available 24/7
Ward members often turn to their bishops for counsel in difficult times, and in times of psychiatric crisis, a quick phone call to our assessment office can help a bishop determine whether to recommend inpatient mental health care, outpatient counseling, or something in between. Simply click the number below to call.
Call our 24/7 Mental Health Line
Key Facility Features
- 24-hour referral line
- Mental health hospitalization for adults and teens
- Inpatient substance abuse treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Program for adults and teens
Why Choose Us?
Watch this video to take a peek inside our state-of-the-art facility in South Salt Lake.
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- One-on-one meetings with a psychiatrist
- Expressive Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pet Therapy